Today’s world we live in pushes us into wanting more and trying to surpass our current state. What can this do to us and to our lives? Should you go with a flow and your own inspiration or should you choose a proven path?
The thing is you will not know for sure until you have tried and seen the result, but if it were for me I would try and quantify the good and the bad parts of each, before choosing between my own creative ideas or proven paths.
Following your own ideas
Creating something new is a challenge and most of us like challenges. Moreover, most of us truly believe that new ideas are the only one that will work. First of all, because they are new – but bear in mind that this is not a reason good enough for an idea to flourish.
However, when going down this road you must always remember to be well prepped ahead and to know the possibilities your path can take. Do not show extra confidence or you will be overly disappointed by a failure or do not begin in a pessimistic way or you will fail without even starting out.
As long as you visualize success, you will achieve it. This brings you more confidence in yourself and your capacities. This is such a powerful thing and it represents a big part of why everything works out; simply believing in yourself, and visualizing positive results, will increase your confidence. However, visualizing means nothing without the right path on track. But is this enough for a business to grow? Don’t you need something like a plan? Make sure you have a clear path to follow to your success.
Do not let yourself down by anyone else. While businesses take time to make money people may tend to underestimate the potential your business or your ideas have. It has been demonstrated over and over again that it takes time, commitment and hard work to raise the business of the ground.
- A new idea will always pop up in the others ’eye.
- You will always struggle more for your baby which leads to good results.
- The feeling of accomplishment will be higher for having come up with your own idea and having a success out of it.
- Starting up from your dream you have more chances of getting involved, of making it your own and actually owning every little thing about the business.
- You have the possibility to make it your own way, without having somebody else involved, as they do not know your plan.
- You will not be side-tracked and your personality will meet no boundaries, as it is your plan, your idea, your creation.
- If it pops up and you do not express it properly, the whole thing may go to waste.
- Failure will be worse if you follow your own creativity.
- You may lose the confidence you so long struggled to have.
- The feeling and guilt of having let down your family make it worse in this case.
- The work you put into it is bigger than in a proven path business.
- You may lose your courage to try something new again.
When creating your own path, pay attention to what works and what does not. If you see that something had a good impact repeat it. If you see it did not, create a new way and make sure you get to see how it better works for you. You can learn from yourself as well.
Sometimes the exact things you are scared of but have an intuition they’ll work; those are that will truly work.
The strategy is very important for your success. In order to make sure you have a good outcome, make sure you have a strategy in place that you actually follow.
Choosing a proven path
While choosing a proven path will not guarantee your path to success, there are people would rather choose this style. They are the ones that should be awakened to reality and realize that simply by copy-pasting the small things a successful person does into your own life, will not make you a successful person overnight. Whilst the copying the others proven paths may be a comfort zone you want to tackle, it is certainly not a sure answer for your own success.
In order to achieve the same success, it is important that you know the difference between you and the other person, between what you have put into your business and what the other has etc. Let’s see the below good and bad things on this side.
- You feel reassured that if it worked once it will work the second time as well.
- You have that positive feeling that means so much when starting a business.
- You have a clear path that you have to follow and you cannot get sidetracked.
- Your plan is easier; ticking each part of this path may get you faster to results than a plan that has never been used before.
- You do not have to do so much before work and research.
- It is dangerous to compare yourself to the others success stories as if you see that you do not get the same results in the same amount of time, you might feel there is something really wrong with you.
- The values may not be the same as those that you want your company to suggest and to mean. Make sure you have very well defined core values that do not just copy a proven path but that you truly believe in and follow.
- Doing a copy-pasting style without believing in it, will show in time. It will show that you have not assumed it and that you cannot create a good connection between your business, yourself and your clients.
- You may get overconfident it works and not put enough work into it, and the results will not be the expected ones.
Some say that the best and easiest way to success is to follow the path of those that have achieved it. But it means a lot being able to transpose this to your own self. This is where the tricky part is.
You can, of course, read some proven facts, some success stories, you can inspire from, but that does not mean that you have to follow each step of the way. Make it your own success story; one that you will actually believe in.
Make sure you understand that the only thing that will make you successful is working, and working hard. There is no such thing as being wealthy without working your ass off for years.
The mentors’ role is not for you to copy them but for you to model yourself after a business success story, identify their arrays of behaviors and become yourself in a totally different industry – that of your own.
Being aware of your capacities, of all the above, of your choices is important just as much. Awareness increases your likelihood of success.
Working hard is important but you have to make some time off for you from time to time. There is nothing more important than being relaxed to give the proper results. Make sure you grant yourself the needing time. There is such thing as your own time, even in an own business environment.
Of course, people are more likely to be creative, this is one of the reasons they start out on their own; because they are basically obliged to follow some rules and suppress their creativity and personality while working for someone. Great ideas are many out there, but the question is, how many of these great ideas bring enough revenue for one to live the desired lifestyle? Does it worth the risk? Do you have a backup just in case of a failure?
It is important to know your true potential without comparing it to the others. When desiring to pursue new ideas, make sure you know that great ideas may not be so great after all, if you do not make any money out of them. And isn’t this the end goal?